Last Revised: January 18,2016
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING.
1. Acceptance of Terms
2. Modifications and Notices
3. We Respect Your Privacy
4. General Information
We use the Site to offer Products and Services to you, and to provide information intended to promote our Services. Our Internet servers may passively and automatically collect certain information about website visitors’ traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (which are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Internet users by their Internet Service Providers). Server logs may record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, pages requested, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are generally collected and used on an aggregate basis.
Links to Third Party Websites: The Site may contain links to other websites that are provided as a convenience only, and which may have different privacy policies and practices than we do. We have no responsibility for these third party websites, and you are advised to review the privacy policies of any third party websites you choose to visit.
5. What Personal Information do we Collect, and how do we Collect it?
- In the course of operating the Services, we have collected and will collect Personal Information from you, including:
- information you actively submit to us, directly or indirectly, such as your user profile (including your name, username, password, email address and billing address), your comments, suggestions, ratings and feedback, as well as other content and files you may upload to us; and
- information we may passively and automatically collect from you, such as your IP address, and other information about website visitors’ traffic patterns, as discussed above.
- We collect this Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to develop, enhance and market our Products and Services to you and others, including, but not limited to, sharing your Personal Information with companies with whom we contract to process your payments, ship your products, advertise, and with service providers that help us store the Personal Information we collect from you in order to offer you the Services;
- to personalize and improve your use of the Services;
- to manage and develop our business and operations, including personnel and employment matters;
- to confirm your identity;
- to conduct investigations relating to breaches of agreements or laws;
- to carry out any other purpose that you have authorized or that is required or permitted by law.
6. Do we Disclose your Personal Information?
If we intend to voluntarily disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a purpose other than an Identified Purpose, we will obtain your consent before we make such a disclosure.
7. How do we Safeguard your Personal Information?
We protect Personal Information against such risks as loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction, through generally accepted security measures. The security of your Personal Information is further clarified in and subject to the Tek Gear Inc. Terms of Service.
8. How long will we Retain your Personal Information?
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for us to fulfill the Identified Purposes. Generally speaking, that means we will destroy or anonymize your Personal Information when your account with us is no longer active (in most cases, our retention period is one year). Despite this, in limited circumstances we may be required by law to keep your Personal Information for a longer period of time.
9. Withdrawing your Consent/Verifying and Amending your Personal Information
You may withdraw your consent for us to manage your Personal Information in a particular way, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, this may limit our ability to provide you with certain services and/or products. You may contact us for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
You can typically access and review your Personal Information that is in our custody or control, and make appropriate changes to it, by contacting us. You may be required to put your request in writing and to show us identification. The reason we ask for identification is to ensure that, among other things, we do not unintentionally change or release your Personal Information to a third party who is representing himself/herself as you.
Tek Gear Inc.
938 Corydon Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3M 0Y5
Attention: The Privacy Officer
You may update or make changes to your Personal Information that is in our custody or control by contacting the address above. In addition, you may request access to, or correction of, your Personal Information by writing or emailing us, at the respective addresses provided above.
10. Resolving Your Concerns
If you would like more information about our privacy practices or if you would like to better understand and verify what Personal Information we have collected about you, please contact the Tek Gear Privacy Officer. Please let us know about your questions or concerns and we will do our best to help you.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|